Monday, September 20, 2010

Day one done... @12wbt

well a quick overview on day one...

today was the start date for 12wbt kickoff!!!  

lucky me woke up with Gastro...and it threw my whole planned diary out of whack...so going to try to make up during the week or workout on my off day ... see how that works out...

however in total i was very proud to say that i kept my calories to the required amount, (5 cal under if i might add)  and didn't break it by eating junk at work..

due to being sick i didn't eat my breakfast till lunch and my lunch was at 430 and my dinner was at 8...with my quota of snacks allowed between meals to keep me going!
breakfast was great, don't like blueberries and didn't have strawberries but enjoyed the banana yogurt and muesli!
lunch was ricotta, carrot and salad mix and tomato wrap...and yeah it was ok...left for too long the ricotta went a bit soggy.
dinner was GREAT pita bread pizzas with ricotta cheese and spinach...the ricotta and spinach made my teeth kinda sticky and filmy...but yummo!!!

one biggest downfall to this 12wbt thing is the cost!!  our usual shopping of like $50-60 plus $20-40 of takeaway a week, turned into like $200 shopping...but we are keeping our reciepts so that we can keep track week to week over the next 12 weeks how the $$$ are looking, mostly due to the fact that some of the items you don't need to purchase on a weekly basis...etc...gotta get used to the serving allowances and the best way to freeze and thaw out extra portions as we have never done that before...

gotta work out tomorrow though otherwise weigh in on wednesday i'm a little fearfull that based on diet only won't be any changes ... fingers crossed!!

but an overall summery ...  only felt hungry when i was sick before i could eat at lunch time, and felt hungry between 430 and 8...but dinner didn't take long at all to make and that with a snack afterwards has left me very satisfied...

biggest hurdle for me to try to break will be the self discipline to get up and work out instead of sleeping in...and i also have to get to the shop to buy required meats which we need to get from butcher etc....
though i'm not too keen on trying the prawns or salmon i'm committing to trying all meals suggested...and then seeing if i really don't like it or exchange it for something else next time...

well signing off for day one!!

ciao xx

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a successful start to the challenge. But bugger about the shopping cost increase. In our house (because we ate heaps of junk and processed foods) I noticed that our food bill dropped. It would normally be about $350 for the week and this week it was almost exactly $100 less. And probably more when I take into consideration me not ducking out at lunch time every day at work and getting something to eat.

    Hopefully all the staples will last many weeks so you will see a drop in the weeks to come.

    Good luck this week - I hope you have a cracking one!

    ReplyDelete